Mother of All Pottery Sales 2024
Interested in participating in Mother of All Pottery Sales 2024?
This free, all-ages event will take place at Union Project on Saturday, May 11, 2024, from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
We need artists, food and beverage vendors, and sponsors to pull off a great event that is fun and successful for all involved. If you are interested in participating, check out the links to the right.
Artists can apply to sell their work in their own booth or participate in our Spotlight Gallery. The Spotlight Gallery features an impressive selection of pottery by clay artists from across Union Project’s community, dropped off in advance of the event. Union Project employees staff the Spotlight Gallery, share information about the artists, run sales, and pack up sold artwork. Accepted booth artists pay a sliding scale booth fee. Accepted Spotlight Gallery artists will not pay fees upfront, and Union Project will retain 30% of the sales price for any work sold during the event.
Union Project is thrilled to announce Mother of All Pottery Sales (MOAPS) 2024! Ceramic artists will exhibit and sell their work while regional artists demonstrate different techniques to visitors.
Union Project uses the art of ceramics to build meaningful community connections. The Mother of All Pottery Sales brings Pittsburgh’s ceramics community together, artists and patrons alike, for a day of demonstrations, mingling, selling, and sharing.
Based on feedback from both artists and guests following MOAPS 2023, we are planning the following:
- Artist booths in the Great Hall will remain more spread out than in years past. There will also be artists selling in the Atrium, and ample signage will be printed to indicate this.
- Artists will have the option to sell their work via a booth indoors or drop work off to be sold at Union Project’s Spotlight Gallery.
- Once again, there will be a paid Early Bird Shopping Hour from 10 am – 11 am with reduced visitor numbers.
- Entry into the main event from 11 am – 4 pm will be free, as always. Pre-registration is not required, however, it is encouraged as pre-registered guests will check in to the event via the new Fast Lane.
- November 3, 2023 MOAPS 2024 Applications for Booth Artists, Spotlight Gallery Artists, and Food and Drink Vendors Opens
November 28, 2023 6pm Virtual Info Session
- December 10, 2023 1pm In-Person Info Session
- January 2, 2024 Booth Artists and Spotlight Gallery Artists Deadline to Apply to MOAPS 2024
- January 5, 2024 Artist Selection Notifications and Table Fee Links Sent
- January 31, 2024 Food and Drink Vendor Deadline to Apply to MOAPS 2024
- February 9, 2024 Food and Drink Vendor Selection Notices Sent
- February 15, 2024 Non-refundable Booth Fee Due
- March 1, 2024 Promotional Toolkit Delivered to all event participants
- April 29 – May 6, 2024 Spotlight Gallery Artists must drop off work during designated times
- May 11, 2024 MOAPS 2024 Event Day